Friday, September 11, 2015

Cringe-worthy Mistakes that Business Owners Must Avoid

Over the last few years, search engine optimization companies in Seattle, Washington have considered content marketing as an inevitable tool for their brand development and SEO campaign. Regrettably, there are a few content marketing efforts that go to waste just because of wrong practices. In the long run, even the smallest mistakes could result to an inefficient campaign.

Take a glance at these cringe-worthy mistakes that your business should avoid.


#1: Posting Egotistical Messages
Of course, business owners should be proud of their enterprise, especially if it is thriving. With the existence of blogs and social media platforms, however, business owners must not see them as an avenue to broadcast their self-loving messages. Always keep in mind that the social media is a good place to share interesting ideas and discuss important topics; not for pushing services or products to your target audience’s throat.

Seattle search engine optimization marketing specialists recommend utilizing the 80-20 rule in posting messages in social media and blogs. The 80 percent must be related to your industry, and the remaining 20 percent is for your own personal opinions. 

#2: Too much Dependence on Social Automation
Because of the fact that the online marketing environment develops so rapidly, your tweets, Facebook status and blog posts will only be relevant and appropriate for a specific period of time. Unless of course if your content is really that great, it will surely last. For this reason, a lot of businesses use applications that could give them the freedom to schedule posts in order to remain consistent throughout their content marketing plan.

The problem, however, is that some of these companies rely heavily on social automation. It is still beneficial if your business is updated with the recent happenings within your niche. However, too much dependence on social automation would make your business miss one very important aspect in content marketing – community engagement.

#3: Reluctance to Adapt to Emerging Social Networks
From time to time, there are new social networks that emerge, offering a good way to reach your target audience through content. Naturally, business owners would think twice whether these networks are worth checking out, which is a good thing. However, completely neglecting these “promising” networks are a missed opportunity and a content marketing mistake in one, because you can never say what benefit you can get from it if you never try. Your business should be flexible enough to adapt to the ever-changing social media realm, or it will be simply left behind.


With all these mistakes in mind, the best SEO strategy in Seattle that works for your own marketing campaign is to have a solid yet pliant content marketing strategy.